Sailors on the Sea

Thursday, August 6, 2009

A Plan Without the Internet

Been sitting here wondering what I will be doing with my time come next week. Got kind of a crazy idea. Like most of my ideas, it's wacky, and it will probably never see the light of day. But part of it will. Part of it has.

I expect one thing I will do is continue to write Hero stories. Currently, I have two in progress: Twice the Fun, latest episode published on August 4th; and The Taming of Pelage, first episode to publish on August 8th.

But there are a variety of Created Heroes for whom no stories exist. The link does show Feathered Guy Anthropist, but he's the Hero in Twice the Fun. What I was thinking was that maybe I could write episodes for several others? Even set up a schedule.
  • Monday - Star Boy and/or Lightning Bolt
  • Tuesday - Feathered Guy Anthropist
  • Wednesday - Green Archer and/or Fire Red
  • Thursday - Heroines of the Night (Safe Whiffle, Caped Blade, Primitive Brute, Lasered Lash, and Masked Wizard)
  • Friday - Hidden Embers
  • Saturday - Panthera and Leo
  • Sunday - Commander Grey, Stamur Chaste and/or Day Off
I wouldn't have to write each Hero every week. Instead, I would stagger their stories so that there was overlap, but never more than three in any given week. At 500-word episodes it would only take about four or five months to generate enough to combine all of the stories into a single Legion Chronicle. If I wrote more frequently, or longer episodes, the process would go even faster. In fact, if I waited an entire year, I might even be able to compile a Chronicle for each Hero. When push comes to shove, I can put out a lot of words - and some of them even make sense.

And let us not forget the Villains:
  • Wafula and Mulogo - from Hidden Embers' "Mist Over Monticello"
  • Pelage and Onca - from Panthera and Leo's "Foggy Choices" and "The Taming of Pelage"
  • Sonsi and Sybarti Inamore - from Feathered Guy Anthropist's "Twice the Fun"
  • Bwindi and Tobo - to be introduced in Panthera's "The Taming of Pelage"
  • Simthara and Aggie - from Panthera's "On Trial for Treason"
  • Thunderbolt - to be an antagonist for Fire Red
  • Scepter Axe - a short, tough little dude with no place to call home yet
  • Sagittarius - a mean little woman with a bow
  • Ragdoll - a bit of a loony
  • Mr Manners - a foe for the Heroines of the Night
  • Morshadda - perhaps the most dangerous Villain of all
  • Loobie - not overly bright in the head, but what can you expect from someone with bright green hair
  • Flaming Energy - he's slightly insane
  • Cudgel - a tough lady who likes to play with fire
  • Amatory and Cyprian - two more darling of beauty and crime
It probably won't happen. But it would be cool! Might even give my life some meaning.

I like writing the Hero stories. The potential is there for me to write about subjects I might not otherwise ever dare approach. And I can do it in a humorous way, with no real point to make. I think those make the best stories; stories who's only point is to have fun. That's what the Hero stores are for me; just plain silliness.

I like being silly. It's what I do best. What a pity no one will pay me for that.

2 comments:

fairyhedgehog said...

You're going to be busy. I'll miss you while you're not online.

Bevie said...

Yes. And I you. We've got a call in to find out what our internet situation is going to be.

In the meantime, I'll probably be playing a lot of computer games.

Contributors

A Tentative Schedule

Monday - Progress Report
Where am I with regard to the Current Book

Tuesday - Thoughts About Writing
I was going to be profound, but let's be real

Wednesday - What Am I Learning
What can I take from what I am doing

Thursday - Work Sent Out For Review
Respondes to my submissions

Friday - Other Works of Fantasy
Some of my other fantasy writing

Saturday - The Impact of Music
How music has influenced what I write

Sunday - Venting
My 'morbid' time. A safe compromise, I think