Sailors on the Sea

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Plugging Away For - Something Unknown

So, Shadow People is completed. I even wrote a query letter for it. It needs work, but I have one. What I don't have is a place to send it. But I'm letting the query rest for now.

Meanwhile, I have begun yet a new story. It's in the early stages and I'm only on chapter four. My guess is this story will also run about 60,000-words when completed. It's requiring more research and ultimately will require a more in-depth rewrite. But there is writing taking place, even if it doesn't appear anything will come of it. Of course, why should it? Nothing has ever come of anything else I've ever written.

It's kind of sad, in way. All of these stories, and most of them well and good, and at best they will be enjoyed by one or two instead of many. What a waste my life is.

I'll let you know when I've finished this go.

4 comments:

fairyhedgehog said...

I should go on holiday more often. You've been getting on brilliantly while I was away!

Bevie said...

That depends on what you're talking about. I have accomplished a bit of writing, true. But if you're going to be going on holiday all the time then I insist you take me along at least some of the time.

I understand Austria and Switzerland are quite beautiful. And I have ancestry from Denmark. (Something to do with the King of Denmark being "friendly" with a certain young woman.)

Bevie said...

Oh. And if I haven't said it enough already, welcome back! I've missed you.

fairyhedgehog said...

Thanks, Bevie.

Contributors

A Tentative Schedule

Monday - Progress Report
Where am I with regard to the Current Book

Tuesday - Thoughts About Writing
I was going to be profound, but let's be real

Wednesday - What Am I Learning
What can I take from what I am doing

Thursday - Work Sent Out For Review
Respondes to my submissions

Friday - Other Works of Fantasy
Some of my other fantasy writing

Saturday - The Impact of Music
How music has influenced what I write

Sunday - Venting
My 'morbid' time. A safe compromise, I think