Sailors on the Sea

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Inspiration is Not Dead - And Neither Am I - Yet

So, I have not been entirely idle although I have been absent. But the idea of this blog is my writing, and if I'm not accomplishing anything to that regard, why blog? And since, according to StatCounter, this blog was getting virtually no visits, it's not like it's a great loss if I don't post.

Anyway, I have written a new story. It's done now. I've even gone through an edit. It's only about 64,000-words, which is nothing compared to what I like to write. But it says what it needs to say. To use more words is to simply include filler.

It's title is "Shadow People", and once again it is of a fantasy nature, although not the kind of fantasy I normally write. This time there are no swords, wizards, dragons, or fairies. Well, maybe there are a couple of them. I suppose it depends on one's point of view. That is the hint, of course, that this story deals with subject matter I have struggled with for a great deal of my life. What is right and what is wrong? What is real and what is imagined? And just what does it mean to be in love with someone? Anyone.

I'm not going to go into what the story is about because I haven't written a query for it yet. The joyful part of writing any book. Haven't written a synopsis for Swords of Fire either. I don't know if I ever will. I don't know if I can.

I am a writer. Wish I was an Author, but that's probably more than I have a right to even dream about. But my stories are good stories. They are well worth the read, if you can get your hands on one. Not likely, as those who must decide where to invest their time and money are not interested in my work. A pity. For me and for them. My stories are worth paying for. I know Shadow People is. I would buy it - if I didn't already have it.

Anyway, it's done.

Just thought I'd say.

No comments:

Contributors

A Tentative Schedule

Monday - Progress Report
Where am I with regard to the Current Book

Tuesday - Thoughts About Writing
I was going to be profound, but let's be real

Wednesday - What Am I Learning
What can I take from what I am doing

Thursday - Work Sent Out For Review
Respondes to my submissions

Friday - Other Works of Fantasy
Some of my other fantasy writing

Saturday - The Impact of Music
How music has influenced what I write

Sunday - Venting
My 'morbid' time. A safe compromise, I think