Sailors on the Sea

Thursday, February 4, 2010

New Fairy Tales: Little Red Riding Hood - Removed by Author

I'm sorry. I felt like being whimsical, and Writtenwyrdd suggested I might try rewriting an old fairy tale or two. But here it is: My retake on Little Red Riding Hood. Done in a whimsical style. Be warned: This is the unedited version. (I'm not editing much of anything lately.)

Well, if you didn't read it before you won't be reading it now. I've removed the actual story from this post in order to rewrite it.

Sorry.

4 comments:

fairyhedgehog said...

That was very funny, although there were a couple of tense moments and one very awkward one!

I'd love it if RRH could find a way to get herself out of it by her sheer simplemindedness.

I did enjoy reading it. You might want to take it down, polish it up and submit it somewhere.

Bevie said...

Thanks. And I hear you about some of the shortcomings.

It is best when the main character can do things on their own, whether through cleverness or stupidity. But this is what happens in a first draft when the ending gets rushed.

By taking it down, do you mean removing it from the blog?

fairyhedgehog said...

Yes, I do mean remove it from the blog. I think you may need to if you want to see it published, and I think it's worth submitting.

Maybe one of the more professional writers in our group could tell you more than I can! I'm only guessing here.

Bevie said...

Well, okay. I'll take it out of this post and give it another go.

Contributors

A Tentative Schedule

Monday - Progress Report
Where am I with regard to the Current Book

Tuesday - Thoughts About Writing
I was going to be profound, but let's be real

Wednesday - What Am I Learning
What can I take from what I am doing

Thursday - Work Sent Out For Review
Respondes to my submissions

Friday - Other Works of Fantasy
Some of my other fantasy writing

Saturday - The Impact of Music
How music has influenced what I write

Sunday - Venting
My 'morbid' time. A safe compromise, I think