Sailors on the Sea

Monday, July 27, 2009

No Shortage of Work

I just did an inventory check of what I have going on right now - writing wise. Right now, including blogs, I have fourteen active writing projects.
  • The Great Sea - That's this blog. Good until tomorrow.
  • Swords of Fire: Traitor - Query rejected. Need to write synopsis for submission to new agent. Not begun. Not clear on how to write a synopsis.
  • Swords of Fire: Prophecies of Madatar - First edit completed. Need another edit pass to reduce manuscript by at least 40,000-words.
  • Swords of Fire: Military History - Completed 73 years. Only 279 years remaining.
  • Panthera: On Trial For Treason - Need to write next installment for Saturday post on Legion of On-Line Super Heroes.
  • Feathered Guy Anthropist: Twice the Fun - Need to write next installment for Tuesday (tomorrow) post on Legion of On-Line Super Heroes.
  • Khiava and Amice - Waiting to hear on submission for publication of first installment in the series. Need to write third installment.
  • Pootles and Putz - First episode written. Need to write second.
  • Sassy and Otio - Two episodes written. Need to write third.
You know, I don't really mind having so much to do. What's unfortunate is I tend to use up all my time in a day before I can accomplish as much as I would like. I suppose it's a good thing I'm not at all satisfied with my drawing ability or I would be inundated with several projects to illustrate some of the above projects.

On top of all of the above projects are a few I have set aside for the time being.
  • Swords of Fire: Bonds of Love - This is the third in my Swords of Fire Saga. I've completed nearly seven chapters and have over 50,000-words. No written work has taken place since June of 2008.
  • Animal Kingdom - This is an old project I tried to revive this spring. Completed the fourth chapter and then set it aside in favor of other concerns.
  • Power of Music - This is a new project I came up with just this year. Started it, but quickly set it aside in favor of other concerns.
  • Firestar: Lion Cat of the North - This is a cat-based hero story I came up with for Cat in the Buff. Actually posted a first episode. Just have to continue the story.
All told, there are eighteen projects listed in this post. I don't know if that's a lot or not. It's more than I can get done in just a few days or weeks, that I know. But people who write stories are constantly working out details for their projects. So I think anyway. That's what I do. Inevitably, getting the creative juices flowing in one direction gets them flowing fast, which causes a backup in the flow, which causes spillage from the current channel, which creates new channels, which get the creative juices flowing, etc., etc., etc.

Is that how you write? Or am I just odd? (Well, I suppose it's not impossible that you write like that, too, and I am still odd.)

2 comments:

fairyhedgehog said...

I don't know about odd but you're certainly prolific.

Bevie said...

Thanks

Contributors

A Tentative Schedule

Monday - Progress Report
Where am I with regard to the Current Book

Tuesday - Thoughts About Writing
I was going to be profound, but let's be real

Wednesday - What Am I Learning
What can I take from what I am doing

Thursday - Work Sent Out For Review
Respondes to my submissions

Friday - Other Works of Fantasy
Some of my other fantasy writing

Saturday - The Impact of Music
How music has influenced what I write

Sunday - Venting
My 'morbid' time. A safe compromise, I think