Sailors on the Sea

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Housing Assignments

Can you believe it? I just spent a great deal of time writing a blog entry. When I finished, I arrowed up to review what I had written before I posted it. Instead of stopping at the top (like a decent and normal text editor) the damn cursor continues up and ERASED EVERYTHING I HAD JUST WRITTEN.

DAMN!

Yes, I know. Christians aren't supposed to swear. Well, I do. Especially when I feel cheated. Sorry about that.

This is so depressing. I had spent the past hour relating my process for devising the Family Tree upon which my book is based. [Reader: Thank God for the miracle of text editor quirks.] There are over 6,700 individuals on that Family Tree, and I spent years putting it together. [Reader: Oh, great. And I suppose you expect us to spend years reading it?] I thought it might be interesting for readers to know some of the background work behind Swords of Fire. [Reader: Think again. It appears even God wasn't interested. Take a hint and give it a rest.] I expect I shall redo it, but not now. I'm annoyed. [Reader: That ain't all you are. You created over six thousand names of people WHO AREN'T EVEN IN YOUR BOOK? You're an idiot.] For now, all I'll say is a LOT of background effort has gone into this. Not that anyone cares. [Reader: First intelligent thing you said.] Well, I do.

With regards.

No comments:

Contributors

A Tentative Schedule

Monday - Progress Report
Where am I with regard to the Current Book

Tuesday - Thoughts About Writing
I was going to be profound, but let's be real

Wednesday - What Am I Learning
What can I take from what I am doing

Thursday - Work Sent Out For Review
Respondes to my submissions

Friday - Other Works of Fantasy
Some of my other fantasy writing

Saturday - The Impact of Music
How music has influenced what I write

Sunday - Venting
My 'morbid' time. A safe compromise, I think