Sailors on the Sea

Friday, January 9, 2009

Where is the Sun Shining Now

So many of the people who's blogs I visit post cool links to things. So, remembering that 'imitation is the greatest form of flattery', here is a Link I found which I think is cool. It shows where the sun is currently casting light on the earth. Right now, 7:00 a.m. C.S.T., it looks like Iceland has the sun directly overhead. The Middle East is starting to go dark and most Australians are probably asleep. Meanwhile, the east coast of Canada and the U.S. have sunlight, as does all of South America. Only the southern tip of Greenland has light, and that's all Greenland is going to get for a while. I'm in the dark here in Minnesota. I wonder if there's symbolism in that. Hmm. Most of Canada, too.

Not as cool as some other things I've seen on other blogs but, heh, I'm a newbie. Give me a break. Okay?

1 comment:

fairyhedgehog said...

That's neat. I can see the shadow nearly at UK. In fact, the sun is now below the horizon here but it won't be dark for a while longer.

Contributors

A Tentative Schedule

Monday - Progress Report
Where am I with regard to the Current Book

Tuesday - Thoughts About Writing
I was going to be profound, but let's be real

Wednesday - What Am I Learning
What can I take from what I am doing

Thursday - Work Sent Out For Review
Respondes to my submissions

Friday - Other Works of Fantasy
Some of my other fantasy writing

Saturday - The Impact of Music
How music has influenced what I write

Sunday - Venting
My 'morbid' time. A safe compromise, I think